Giving to CS
Giving to Computer Science
How you can help
The generosity of alumni, parents, and friends directly strengthens the Department of Computer Science. Please consider supporting our mission, so that we can continue to provide a first-class education to our students, recruit and retain outstanding students, faculty and staff, maintain state-of-the-art research facilities, and pursue high risk, high impact research.
Many employers will match donations from employees. To see if your employer will match your donation, please see the Matching Gifts page.
Please contact us if you would like to explore other ways in which you can support the department.
Types of support
Gifts that make the most immediate impact are unrestricted current-use gifts. These gifts make possible a wide range of important programs and activities, including student and faculty travel, student organization activities, alumni engagement, and K-12 and community outreach.
Secondly, endowed funds offer a way to make a long-term contribution to the growth and excellence of our programs. Supporters can contributed to existing endowments, or consider establishing a new endowment, including faculty chairs & professorships, faculty fellowships, graduate fellowships and undergraduate scholarships.
Finally, our corporate partners have many ways to support our programs through CS|Source. In addition to various standard membership and engagement levels, CS|Source offers additional designated sponsorship opportunities. Companies can support individual research labs or department-affiliated centers with which they desire a particularly close relationship.
Unrestricted current-use gifts. These have the most immediate and flexible impact on students and on the department’s growth and excellence. Donate to the Computer Science Department Annual Fund.
Diversity. The department is building a special endowed fund, the Barbara Ryder Excellence Fund, which is particularly focused on supporting diversity and inclusion in computer science. Give to the Barbara G. Ryder Fund for Excellence in Computer Science.
Endowed Fellowships and Scholarships. These endowed funds help support outstanding undergraduate and graduate students in Computer Science:
- Give to the CS Investment in Excellence fund to support undergraduates in computer science
- Give to the George W. Gorsline Memorial Scholarship fund to support undergraduates in computer science
- Give to the Anne and George Gorsline Endowed Scholarship fund to support undergraduates in computer science
- Give to the Terry Arthur Scholarship fund to support undergraduates in computer science
- Give to the Dennis G. Kafura Graduate Fellowship fund to support PhD students in CS
- Give to the Richard E. Nance Graduate Fellowship fund to support PhD students in CS