CS|Source Student Career Fair Resources
2020 Fall Career Fair
2020 Fall CS|Source Career Fair events are scheduled for Sunday-Friday, September 13-18. For your health and safety, all career fair events will be held virtually. Information will be updated as details are finalized. Check out information and resources below to guide you through career fair events.
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
|6:00 PM||7:00 PM||Career & Professional Development, Webinar—Navigating a Virtual Career Fair|
Sunday, September 13, 2020
|10:00 AM||10:50 AM||MITRE Information Session|
|11:00 AM||11:50 AM||Eastman Chemical Information Session|
|12:00 PM||12:50 PM||CoStar Group Information Session|
|1:00 PM||1:50 PM||Peraton Information Session|
|2:00 PM||2:50 PM||CACI International Information Session|
|3:00 PM||3:50 PM||Reinventing Geospatial, Inc.® (RGI®) Information Session|
|4:00 PM||4:50 PM||L3Harris Technologies Information Session|
|5:30 PM||6:30 PM||Grad Panel|
|7:00 PM||8:00 PM||Company Career Fair Prep—Student Chats|
Monday, September 14, 2020
|10:30 AM||4:00 PM||CS|Source Career Fair (CS students)|
|2:00 PM||4:00 PM||CS Plus Career Fair (CS/CMDA/CPE students)|
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
|8:30 AM||4:30 PM||Interview Day (by invitation only)|
|9:30 AM||10:45 AM||Course Panel — CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing|
|2:00 PM||3:15 PM||Course Panel — CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing|
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
|2:30 PM||3:45 PM||Course Panel — CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing|
|5:30 PM||6:20 PM||Course Panel — CS 1944 Sophomore Seminar|
Friday, September 18, 2020
|2:30 PM||3:45 PM||Course Panel — CS 4944 Senior Seminar|
- Research employers. Recruiters are impressed with students who have done their homework and know something about their company. Visit employer websites and check for any recent news articles. One of the top complaints from recruiters is a student who walks up and says, "What does your company do?"
- Update your resume. Ask someone in Career Servies or an advisor to review.
- Prepare your elevator pitch.
- Dress professionally. Make a good first impression.
- Practice active listening.
- Ask questions. Bring a list of prepared questions.
- Expect to apply online. You may have to apply online to be officially considered for an interview.