Blockchain Certificate Program
Launched in spring 2022, the Virginia Tech Blockchain Certificate program focuses on research, outreach, and education related to this emerging and exciting technology.
Registration is now open for the eight-week 2023 spring cohort, which runs January 27-March 17, 2023. It will consist of live Friday sessions from Noon-1 PM (EST). The fee for the certificate program is $199 and registration closes on January 25th.
In the spirit of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Blockchain at Virginia Tech is distinctive as it focuses on blockchain applications that serve humanity and advances the potential of the technology.
The certificate program features two areas of concentration:
- Blockchain for Entrepreneurs
This certificate is designed for professionals who manage businesses or want to kickstart a that may not know much about blockchain who want to gain the skills to make assessments about next steps and understand the ways they can benefit from implementing blockchain in their business.
- Blockchain Basics
This certificate is designed for those that want to learn more about blockchain fundamentals. The certificate will cover the history of blockchain, current examples, the ethics of blockchain, and more. This track is perfect for individuals like undergraduate/graduate students and mid-career professionals, and who want to learn more about what blockchain is and how it works.
The certificate will be taught by thought leaders in the blockchain industry and provide students the opportunity to extend their knowledge about this exciting new technology.
The certificate is funded by a GO Virginia grant and a signature gift from block.one. It is focused on entrepreneurship and will help participants, including both current students and mid-career professionals:
- Learn blockchain jargon (mining, hash, transactions), processes, and key stakeholders.
- Analyze how their business can integrate blockchain into supply chains. What is an appropriate question for blockchain to solve? What are its limitations and associated costs?
- Understand use cases for other successful business applications of blockchain.
- Learn how to evaluate and select partners to design blockchain architecture and organize logistics.
- Develop a specialty in a current area of blockchain - crypto, NFTs, smart contracts, decentralized manufacturing, and more.