Virginia Tech CS faculty work on a broad array of projects related to education in the Internet age. From applying new pedagogy for improving CS education to supporting online educational communities to deploying effective technology in the K-12 classroom, Digital Education is a growing research area in our Department.
Here are some ongoing research projects related to education.
- Ensemble: The NSDL Pathway for Computer Science
- OpenDSA: eTextBooks for Computer Science
- SPLICE: Standards, Protocols, and Learning Infrastructure for Computing Education
- Digital library curricular resources: Developing syllabi and educational modules related to digital libraries
- Electronic theses and dissertations: With about two million free online downloadable works from around the world covering all disciplines
- MyVICE for K-8 Education: Leverages virtualization to deliver educational content, thus bridging the digital divide between "haves" and "have nots"
- Web-CAT: the Web-based Center for Automated Testing
- Code Workout: Build coding skills through practice