Virginia Tech introduces Blockchain Certificate Program
January 27, 2022
Virginia Tech is launching a new Blockchain Certificate Program for the spring 2022 semester, with a focus on research, outreach and education related to this emerging and exciting technology.
Registration, which is now open, offers the ability to sign up for the spring 2022 cohort (March to April) and summer 2022 cohort (June and July).
In the spirit of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Blockchain at Virginia Tech is distinctive as it focuses on blockchain applications that serve humanity and advances the potential of the technology.
The certificate will be taught by thought leaders in the blockchain industry and provide students the opportunity to extend their knowledge about this exciting new technology.
The certificate is funded by a GO Virginia grant and a signature gift from block.one. It is focused on entrepreneurship and will help participants, including both current students and mid-career professionals:
- Learn blockchain jargon (mining, hash, transactions), processes, and key stakeholders.
- Analyze how their business can integrate blockchain into supply chains. What is an appropriate question for blockchain to solve? What are its limitations and associated costs?
- Understand use cases for other successful business applications of blockchain.
- Learn how to evaluate and select partners to design blockchain architecture and organize logistics.
- Develop a specialty in a current area of blockchain - crypto, NFTs, smart contracts, decentralized manufacturing, and more.